Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sears Drama part III

Does anyone know what is going on?


So, we get a call from Sears (4-30) telling us to call them regarding our scheduled repair person visit for May 1st. I cheerfully call hoping that this means that things are getting better. The phone drone asks me if the engine has arrived. I explain the entire story form the beginning to them and they tell me that yes indeed I am correct there will be no service call on the 1st of May that the engine has not yet shipped. I then ask what the next step is to correct the problem since it appears that we cannot get an engine. Well if the technician tells us we get you a new tractor. To confirm, I ask if it is the technician’s call about the tractor and they repeat that this is indeed the fact.

Well I call the technician and ask about this. He flatly denies it and goes on a short but sincere rant about how he wishes that they would not tell people such lies as he has no authority regarding any such decision.

Well that prompts another phone call to Sears. This time I have the opportunity to talk to three separate folks until such a time as I get to speak with a service guy. He tells me that the reason that the order of the 23rd did not get processed the factory lost the order. It was not that the engine was incorrect or that the engine was not the correct, it was administrative bungling of the highest order.

So, I guess I am not sure what is most aggravating, the inability of anyone to tell me what is happening, the fact that they are telling me lies, or the sheer incompetence. I guess I will call again tomorrow and see if it is any better.

No comments: