Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh my God please make it stop! Sears Part IV

Good morning this is Sears calling to scheudle a repair service.......

Well Sears calls this morning and asks if they can schedule a time to come by and put the engine in our tractor. I am happily surprised because I am to sleepy to realize it is all just a big charade and that the person calling me really has no idea what is happening. I play along out of hope and ask when the engine will arrive and am told tomorrow (Friday the 2nd of May).
ME: That is great news since when I spoke to someone yesterday they told me the engine had not shipped. So can you give me a tracking number?
THEM: No I do not have one.
ME: Then how do you know it has shipped?
THEM: Because the computer tells me it has shipped.
ME: When did the computer say it shipped?THEM: on the 23rd of April

That sound you hear is the sound of hope leaving my morning.

So, I call the Sears main customer number again and spend some quality time with various monkeys before the call drops. I call again and speak with even more monkeys prior to getting to someone who sounds as if he was hired to talk to people who are mad.

He confirms that the folks I spoke with earlier today were in fact ignorant of the story and of what is happening. He confirms that my engine has not shipped and for his kindness I give him and ear full of the story that is now only to well known. I ask him directly for a phone number that I can call to speak to someone in his immediate department tomorrow since I will be calling on a daily basis until I have a tracking number for the engine, and to my surprise he gives me the number.

So, I call the local Sears store afterward to give them an earful and I speak to the manager (someone with whom I had not yet spoken). I did this at the urging of the repair guy after yesterday’s conversations. So I chat with him and fill him in on the entire process and describe to him the many levels of frustration that I have come to know in the process of getting the warranty work done on the tractor. He listens politely and groans and then tells me he is going to call his regional manager and see what can be worked out. I am waiting on his call back.

Once this is all over I will post up a chart with the time spent talking to sears and a link to a few websites that I have found to vent my spleen.

No comments: