Thursday, May 1, 2008

After the waiting Sears Part II

I understand while some people want to kill customer service 4-29-8

Well I typed this up while waiting to finish the conversation with the nice lady who had the misfortune of answering my call today. I spent 27 minutes on the phone to find out that they have to re-order the engine for the lawn tractor again. This makes the second time they have had to re-order. The first time they found out that the tractor engine was no longer made. The second time it is because the engine they ordered does not have everything needed to fit onto the lawn tractor. The person answering the phone was bright and cheerful when they informed me

“I am so sorry sir, it will be another 7-10 business days before that part will make it out to your property….”

So we continue to pay someone to mow our acreage and hope that some day soon the part will come in and we can have our lawn tractor working again. I almost rather wish I had just skipped buying the extended warranty and had taken the thing to the local repair guy and had him do the work. At least I would know who I was speaking with and have a pretty good idea about when things were going to be done.

No comments: