Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good God it is Hot in Texas

Heat in Texas

So, it is mid June and today’s temperature was 35 C with a heat index of 39 C (for those of you not schooled in metric measurements, the human body is 37.5C). Today on PEI it was 17 C, and I cannot tell you how envious I am of their current environment. Yeah I know that come December I will be longing for some heat, but having spent the morning outside leveling stalls and sweating several pounds away I am unconcerned about the heat.

So that brings us to the logical question……”How are things going with the move?”

Well, in regards to the move, things are going well. We had all the garage sales and have really gotten to the basics of what we need. We looked into the cost of renting a vehicle to move everything and it turns out that a moving company is competitive with the U-haul. Yes it is more expensive for the moving company, but it would allow Nancy and I to take one car and trade out the driving and that is nice. So we are going to sign with the local Mayflower moving company representative and we will pack ourselves. They will load, transport, and unload us. We still want to pack ourselves so we can continue to sift through things and decide if we really want to take them with us or leave them behind. The Mayflower folks have offered to give (i.e. free) used boxes to us in which we can pack. We still do not have a move day as of the writing of this post. We are moving, and we should be moving no later than August, but we do not have a definite date as of now.

Why the indecisiveness? Well you see we are waiting on the temporary workers permit that allows me to work on PEI. I cannot move until I have that permit and so we wait patiently while the wheels of government spin at the speed they spin. When I do get my paperwork indicating that I have a permit waiting on me at the border, believe me that I will post that information.

We have settled on a house to rent. It will be located on the north side of the island 83 Lewis Road, and we will have photos as soon as we get there. You can see where that will be via the good graces of Google Maps.

More soon.

No comments: